Scanstar NDT Services offers special value added services like
- Residual Life Assessment (RLA)
- Level III Services
- Welder Qualifications
- Weld Procedure Development & Qualification
- Ultrasonic & MT Equipment Calibration
- Hardness Testing
Residual Life Assessment (RLA)
NDT is a powerful tool to collect data to be used for calculating the Remaining Life of Industrial Components.
An RLA study would recommend the selective replacement of components close to the end of the service life in order to extend the useful life of the entire plant and ensure safe operation.
Ultrasonic oxide scale measurement on boiler tubes, wall thickness data and operating conditions, i.e. temperature and pressure, supply the required input to predict service life using constitutive equations.
Level III Services
- Development and/or Review of Qualification Examinations
- Test and Inspection Procedures
- Personnel Certification Programs and specialized NDT techniques
- Implementation of Inspection Programs
- Level III Representation
- On-site and In-house Training
- Contract Review
- Equipment Recommendations
- Welding Inspection per ASME Sec I, ASME Sec VII, AWS D1.1, AWS D14.6, Mil STD 1689, NBIC and other codes as required.
- Assistance with qualification of welders and procedures in accordance with ASME Sec IX and AWS D1.1
- Hardness is the resistance of a material to permanent indentation.
- The most common uses for hardness tests is to verify the heat treatment of a part and to determine if a material has the properties necessary for its intended use.